[users@httpd] request advice on expensive requests with mod_cache

in particular, suppose 5 requestors request the same URL in a span of 10
seconds, where
a response takes 30min (no timeouts), and is valid for 1hr.

Is there a way to make the 4 requests following the first wait for the
first request's results?

If its not possible directly with mod_cache, is it possible via filters,
and had anyone done something
similar?

About the end goal:

we have an xml database that we use as little more than blob storage (we
don't do any element indexing,
etc, just store xml as blobs).  For our purposes, mod_cache sounds like
a smarter way to go,
because rather than db semantics like

select blob B from database
if B = null,
	get data
	store data as B in database
	continue

we'd have

select B from http://our_apache_with_mod_cache/B
and mod_cache transparently executes
if B = null,
	get data
	store data as B in database
	continue

The one hang up we have is that some requests can be very expensive -
2hrs to generate, 10mb of data.  We've
built semantics around our blob db to queue identical requests, but can
we get this free or cheaply from apache +
mod_cache +  special code?

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:
Lehman Brothers and its affiliates do not provide tax advice.  Accordingly, please be advised that any discussion of US tax matters contained within this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of (i) avoiding US tax related penalties or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.