RE: [users@httpd] WAP .htaccess authentication

OK.. That's clear (It could have been that you were denied access..)

> error_log doesnt show any error, but access_log show
> the ff:
> 10.152.192.200 - administrator [22/Jun/2005:15:07:17
> +0800] "GET /wap/test/ HTTP/1.1" 200 1156
> 10.152.192.200 - administrator [22/Jun/2005:15:08:26
> +0800] "GET /wap/test/ HTTP/1.1" 200 1156
>
> and my wap gateway also shows:
> 2005-06-22 14:23:14 [30380] [6] INFO: Fetching
> <http://172.16.59.164/wap/test/>
> 2005-06-22 15:07:17 [30380] [6] INFO: Fetching
> <http://172.16.59.164/wap/test/>
> 2005-06-22 15:08:26 [30380] [6] INFO: Fetching
> <http://172.16.59.164/wap/test/>

Is your server active at the moment? It would help if it were (I tried the URL but got a timeout).

> any idea why or do i missed something with my config
> below?

Do you understand how basic authentication works? The first time you request the page, you don't have any credentials (user/pass) so the server responds 404. This causes the client to pop-up the password challenge and cache the credentials. It then sends them in a header with every subsequent request in that realm.

It's a bit strange that you get allowed access. That means something must be passing the credentials - could the gateway have cached them?

Are you sure that the browser and the WAP device are accessing *exactly* the same URL? Can you post it and I'll try it...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com