RE: [users@httpd] Win32 Apache Restart

When I got ArcIMS, ESRI referenced the following document to use for
installation:

http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleS
how&d=28450

I used that document to do the installation, which requires apache,
tomcat,
mod_jk2 and J2SDK, .  I've looked through their knowledge base, but
can't
find anything on using JBoss with ArcIMS 9.  The only reference I can
find
on JBoss is some user discussion of using it with ArcIMS 4.  What would
need to do to switch to JBoss?  I have no experience with JBoss.

I don't want to get to far off topic but that document is very close to
what you need.  The key is Tomcat, get that installed and the esri
servlet registered and you are set to go.  Note that I don't view all
the GUI stuff that ESRI includes with ArcIMS as part of the ArcIMS
application.  They are just examples that people can use (and many
people do).

Once you have the servlet registered and returning pings then ArcIMS is
effectively ready to go.  Create a service in the administrator then
write an app that builds the ArcXML request for you to send to the
servlet, of which it will return a reference to where the image (map) is
that it created.  Have your web app create a virtual directory to where
that location is and you are set.
Thomas