RE: [users@httpd] Win32 Apache Restart

Thomas,

When I got ArcIMS, ESRI referenced the following document to use for
installation:

http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=28450

I used that document to do the installation, which requires apache, tomcat,
mod_jk2 and J2SDK, .  I've looked through their knowledge base, but can't
find anything on using JBoss with ArcIMS 9.  The only reference I can find
on JBoss is some user discussion of using it with ArcIMS 4.  What would I
need to do to switch to JBoss?  I have no experience with JBoss.

Lee

             "Thomas Wynne"
             <thomas.wynne@pre
             mierdata.com>                                              To
                                       <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             05/05/2005 10:29                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [users@httpd] Win32 Apache
             Please respond to         Restart
             users@xxxxxxxxxxx
                   e.org

Lee,

I'm curious in what context you are using ArcIMS?  All ArcIMS really
needs is a servlet container.  We run it on a separate machine using
JBoss/Tomcat with our actual web application running on the first
machine with Apache (And Jboss behind it).  I'm not sure why ArcIMS
would need this mod much less Apache.

Thomas