Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.Uninstaller

Thanks for the quick reply, Mike.  I tried that in
combination with rebooting, etc.  NOTHING has worked
which is what makes it so frustrating.  You mention
plural (directories).  Is there more than one that I
should be looking for?  The initial install path that
I recall was C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/ -
and I dumped everything below c:\Program Files.  It
installs and shows itself in the system tray just fine
but does not run as a server for some reason.

John

--- Mike Dewhirst <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I too did this with AFAIR same results. I got it
> working by deleting the apache directories afer
> uninstalling. Re-install then worked well.
>
> Mike

John wrote: >> I had installed Apache 2.0.53 on my
XPpro box with PHP & MySQL and had Apache working
flawlessly.  I uninstalled it and since then, every
attempt to reinstall has been met with an Apache that
will not work (even though it appears to be working
fine in the system tray in that it starts, stops,
restarts, etc; just fine and for all intents and
purposes, *appears* to be working.