Re: [users@httpd] no success with suggested config

On 4/20/05, Florin Gherendi <florin_gf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello again.
> I guess I have to give up, maybe I am not clear enough in what I am
> saying.
> Attaching the tested configuration files, only the vhost names have been
> changed, nothing else.
> Joshua, Vhosts.conf is the actual file that started to work yesterday,
> even if you said I should fix it. Vhosts.conf.new, made as you
> suggested, doesn't work, and let me explain how:

All I can say is that the config I gave you is the correct
name-virtual-host config that works for many thousands of people.
There is one little problem, which is that the vhost on a different
port will require an addition NameVirtualHost directive for that port.

I suggest you start with the default apache httpd.conf that comes with
the server, then start making the minimal changes you need to get back
to what you want, carefully testing after each change.  That should
help you find where you went wrong.  (Although there is a very real
possibility that your problem has to do with something external to
apache like faulty DNS or a caching proxy that you don't know about.)

Joshua.