Re: [users@httpd] httpd - web service - port number change

Thanks for the responses. It is working now , after adding the
portnumber to ServerName directive in addition to Listen.

Can you tell me why would one need to set the Virtual Host ?
I am not trying to set up multiple websites / access pages.
Just want to change the port of service.

Aman :

	Yup , this is still listening on port 80.
	Directives changed

	Listen *:80  to Listen *:8000  Only , but the port doesn't change.

Rick :

	Added the ServerName directive with the :8000 in addition to the Listen
*:8000, and its working.

But still hasn't set the Virtual Host Settings.

Just to add on.

RHL 4.0 Desktop -> Applications -> Sytem Tools -> Server Settings ->
HTTP
has an option to change the port number , but it doesn't reflect in the
httpd.conf , other than at the Listen Directive . Restarting the service
from the Desktop GUI reflects the changes.

Interestingly , it reflects only at the Listen Directive in httpd.conf ,
so taking the cue, i change the port number at the Listen Directive and
restart the service, it doesn't get reflected :-(
which in all probability means, that there has to some modification made
somewhere by the desktop , GUI applet.

Thanks a lot.

regards,
Sujith