Re: [users@httpd] connector mod_jk installation assistance

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, David Garratt wrote:

> I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2 applied.
>

> I have just installed Tomcat 5.5.7 (jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7.exe) as a full
> installation to
>
> the default directory structure :-
>

> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5
>

> I have also install Apache HTTP server 2.0.52
> (apache_2.0.53-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi) as a full installation to
>
> the default directory structure :-
>

> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2
>

> I would like to setup a connector mod_jk (mod_jk-1.2.10-apache-2.0.53.so) so
> that I can use Servlets and
>
> JSP from Apache. I have downloaded this file but am unsure of what do to
> next.
>

> I may want to use Tomcat as a standalone server as well at some point.
>

> I have been unable to find any documentation which is
>

>             1) Simple to follow.
>
>             2) Related to Windows installations.
>
>             3) Refers to the versions I have.
>

>             I'm not familar with either package and have to admit that I'm
> more interested in Web site design than learning
>
>             the inner workings of these two packages.
>

>             If someone who has done this before could point me in the right
> direction it would be a great help.
>

>             Regards
>

>             Dave Garratt

Here's two, from the first page of Google results for 'mod_jk tomcat
apache windows'.  Remember, Google is your friend.

http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/10825_2203891_1

http://www.devside.net/web/server/windows/Tomcat

Neither is specifically for Tomcat 5.5 and mod_jk 1.2, but I looked over
them, and the basic concepts are the same, at least from the Apache point
of view.

--
Craig Dunigan