Re: [users@httpd] SUSE 9.2 Apache 2.0.50 Rewrite problem

"John S. Wolter" <johnswolter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 27/03/2005
06.46.10:

> I may have a subtle Apache(2.0.5) Rewrite error I can't backtrack.
> I'm getting a Forbidden 403, "You don't have permission to access /
> on this server",
> message after the Rewrite activity.  I look in the Rewrite log and
> it is rewriting for
> IP:8080/wwservice.  Where is it being sent?  LINUX filesystem? Zope?
> I don't think it is
> getting to Zope as I can see the Rewrite log entries action but
> nothing added to Zope's
> access Z2.log.  No action there like it never arrived at IP:8080.
>
> Here's the result from the rewrite log:
>
> "go-ahead with proxy request
> proxy:http:/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/wwsrv01.my.
> net/wwservice/VirtualHostRoot/
>
> [OK]"  The important part is proxy:http:/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/ ,
> xxx.. being a real IP
> address.  Next I get another error...
>
> Here's the interesting part, I get an error for the error report like
this:

> "Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument
> to handle the request."  Sounds like Apache?  I'm wondering about
> deny, allow problems but
>    I haven't seen any yet.
>
> I can get to Zope successfully by invoked the service using
> http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/wwservice, the standard Zope main page
> comes up without a problem.
>
> I'm guessing it's something within the Apache setup.  Any ideas?

Could you copy your virtual host configuration, especially the rewriten
rules?

When typing the final address, i.e
"http:/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/wwsrv01.my.net/wwservice/VirtualHostRoot/"
how is it showing up? You said that the layout is missing: where is this
layout physically, i.e in which zope folder? The same as your Plone site?

Regards

Gaël Lams