Re: [users@httpd] SUSE 9.2 Apache 2.0.50 Rewrite problem[SOLVED]

Johnua:

Here's an article I just came across on reverse proxies:

http://wwwapacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:04:36 -0500, John S. Wolter
<johnswolter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I then undertook to examine all of SUSE's LINUX Pro 9.2's 28 Apache
.conf files.  I found that ProxyRequests is by default turned off,
turning it On it works. Simple.  Off is SUSE's default but I do not know
if that is the Apache distribution default.  While exploring the
Rewriting, and now Proxy, issue I came across a couple of books that
covered Apache security.  One issue that all discussed is preventing
Apache's proxy from being used as an open relay.

You do *not* need "ProxyRequests On" to create a reverse proxy.  This
may, in fact, make things work for you, but it is not the "correct"
sollution.  There must be another problem in your config.

Joshua.

--
------------ Wolter Works - Always Innovating -------------
- Industry and Commerce Internet Invention & Innovation

mailto:johnswolter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John Wolter, President
1531 Jones Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-1871 USA
1-734-665-1263

Copyright 2004 John S. Wolter
Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender,
nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary
is included in this message.