Re: [users@httpd] busy servers and no of connections

John wrote:
Hello

How many connections can handle a busy server?

I think that's the other way around: "How many connections can a busy server handle?"

And to answer that, it depends entirely on the type of system that yo uare running. I've had Apache doing over 1,000 simultaneous connections without a sweat, on an AMD Sempron 2400 w/1G RAM and U166 SCSI disks, with some slight modification.

So I think a better question would be "How many connections can my server handle? It is a xxx yyy zzz". With that, we can better help you. YOu can also find many benchmark reports with a quick google, and you will find that Apache is a very robust server.

Thanks
-dant