Re: [users@httpd] Apache config error

Hi Jeffrey:
   First of all, if you have comcast's residential Internet, watch out.
They don't allow customer owned servers. (They want to sell you
commercial service and make more MONEY!)  Second, did you set
"Severname" in the httpd.conf  file? That may make a difference.

Finally, check out :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_unique_id.html
It explains what's going on with that module and gives enough theory
that you might be able to figure out what's going on.

Best'o'luck
Gene

Jeffrey Colter wrote:

Hi,

I installed Apache 2 on FreeBSD but it won't talk to
the world. KDE works fine on the internet through my WRT54G
router, but Apache gives this config error:
[alert] (EAI 8)hostname nor servname provided, or not
known: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of
".comcast.net"
Configuration Failed
I'm using ddclient to sync www.zonedit.com for dynamic
DNS using my Comcast cable internet connection.

I want to use virtual hosts to host several websites,
but can't even get the basic config to work.

Here is my rc.conf:
=============================
hostname="www.torva.com"
ifconfig_bge0="inet 192.168.1.40  netmask
255.255.255.0"
defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"
==============================

Here are the relevant lines in httpd.conf the Apache
config file:

Listen 192.168.1.40:80
User www
Group www