Re: [users@httpd] connection refused

Check your firewall. Usually they default to "block all in" then have
rules to make exceptions for ports 80, 22, 23 and so on. Your firewall
may be blocking port 81. Also most consumer routers in use today have
firewalls built in. Make sure the router's firewall isn't blocking port
81. Finally, I had a problem with a DSL modem supplied in connection
with MSN. It also had a firewall which blocked just about everything
incoming.

Gene

joe.w.byers@xxxxxxx wrote:

I am running apache 2.0 on a redhat linux 3.XX dell server.  I have the
webserver up and running and can access web pages from my local net but
external access does not work.  I get the connection was refused when
trying to connect to IP address Port.

I have a dynamic ip address and port 80 is blocked.  I have set my dell
true mobile wireless router to forward all http to my 192.168.2.X using
port 81.  I have enabled port 81 in my services file.  I have set the
apache httpd.conf to listen to port 80-81 and 8080.

My router is forwarding requests because I have also enables telnet and
can access my server from external locations.

Any suggestions?

Help is greatly appreciated and thank you before hand.

Joe W. Byers