Re: help with reverse proxy

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 3:18 PM Nick Kew <niq@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Sort of. Chromium is now working, but FF is still reporting the
> > "Content Encoding" issue.
>
> Have you cleared FF's cache?

Well....

Not explicitly. I did use <shift>+<ctrl>+R, which I was under the
impression that that did a full reload and ignored cached pages.

However... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1104556

So, I went into the settings and cleared cookies and site data. Which
seemed to fix the problem.

Both Chromium and FF now seem to work. I wonder how long it will work
before it fails. We'll find out!

> Also you don't appear to need mod_xml2enc
> (other pages might, but I'd guess probably not).

Agreed, but...

# a2dismod xml2enc
ERROR: The following modules depend on xml2enc and need to be disabled
first: proxy_html

So, I guess I'll leave it enabled for now.

> If you simply don't load it in the server you'll simplify things.
> In fact it looks as if mod_xml2enc needs updating to work
> correctly with HTML 5's <meta charset> nonsense!

Ha.

Thanks for all the help and expertise, Nick. I appreciate it!

Stop by Duluth, MN for a beer sometime. :)

Best,

-m

-m