Re: help with reverse proxy

> On 5 Oct 2021, at 16:39, Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@xxxxxxxxx.INVALID> wrote:
>
> I am trying to configure a reverse proxy and am following the config file:

What you've described looks basically OK (the complexity may or may not be
necessary).  The debug output from your log doesn't obviously indicate a problem.

> """
> Content Encoding Error
>
> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an
> invalid or unsupported form of compression
> """

Can you view the actual HTTP headers your browser is getting?
A commandline tool like curl or lynx will report them if your regular
browser won't.

There's a confusing issue here: the word "Encoding" can refer to
three different things in the context of HTTP.  Your error message
appears to refer to the Content-Encoding header.  What we need
to diagnose is what the backend sets, what the browser gets, and
what happens between them.

Meanwhile, does it fix the problem if you add to the config section:
	RequestHeader Unset Accept-Encoding ?

--
Nick Kew