From: Tom Browder <tom.browder@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: October 3, 2020 3:29 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: Alternatives to SSI (server side includes)?

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 13:46 Scott A. Wozny <sawozny@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sounds like a job for AJAX, but before throwing out the baby with the bath water I'd seriously consider turning up logging with timestamps on your existing CGI and

That's a good idea, Scott, I've just been too lazy and debugging CGI is such a pain.

The clients are mostly casual browsers, but every visitor triggers the CGI so that's a lot of work for the db. Regarding the db it's currently an SQLite instance but I'm running about 10+ virtual sites off the same db and needing writes so that alone may be part of the problem.

Also, I do have a good Pg db running I've intended to use but just haven't gotten a "round tuit" yet.

But, could a web socket setup help do you think?

Best,

-Tom