RE: Question about configure not answered in documentation

Well,

That almost worked.

I edited the config.layout file and copied <Layout Apache> to <Layout DETR>.
In <Layout DETR> I made the following changes only:

<Layout DETR>
    prefix:        /usr/local/apache2
    exec_prefix:   ${prefix}
    bindir:        ${exec_prefix}/bin
    sbindir:       ${exec_prefix}/bin
    libdir:        ${exec_prefix}/lib
    libexecdir:    ${exec_prefix}/modules
    mandir:        ${prefix}/man
    sysconfdir:    ${prefix}/conf
    datadir:       ${prefix}
    installbuilddir: ${datadir}/build
    errordir:      ${datadir}/error
    iconsdir:      ${datadir}/icons
    htdocsdir:     /var/www/html             <- Changed
    manualdir:     ${datadir}/manual
    cgidir:        /var/www/cgi-bin		<- Changed
    includedir:    ${prefix}/include
    localstatedir: ${prefix}
    runtimedir:    ${localstatedir}/logs
    logfiledir:    ${localstatedir}/logs
    proxycachedir: ${localstatedir}/proxy
</Layout>

I then ran config like this from a shell script:
#!/bin/bash

./configure --with-pcre=/usr/local/bin/pcre-config \
        --enable-layout=DETR \
        --prefix=/apps/apache_2.4.39 \
        --enable-proxy-html   \
        --enable-socache-shmcb \
        --enable-ssl

What happened is that the /var/www/html and /var/www/cgi-bin directories
got created, but in the httpd.conf file had this for the DocumentRoot and script locations:

DocumentRoot "/apps/apache_2.4.39/htdocs"
<Directory "/apps/apache_2.4.39/htdocs">

and

    ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/   "/apps/apache_2.4.39/cgi-bin/"

It looks like there is someplace where directives in config.layout are being ignored. Ideas?

n.b. After I reanthe config command, I ran a 'make clean' prior to the 'make' to build a
new server.

Jeffrey Cauhape – IT Professional III – Linux and Solaris Administrator
Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
(775) 684-3804 (office)     jpcauhape@xxxxxxxxxxx