Re: Server status - meaning of Reading Request state

> As you wrote
>  >  The status goes from READ to WRITE "shortly after" the headers have been
> completely read by Apache.
> for me this sounds like Apache is trying to read req. headers during that
> time.
> I would assume this is not a problem in Apache, but probably due to client
> or network issues "only" and also has nothing to do with the slowly dying
> Weblogic behind.
> What do you think?

Seems unlikely to be related to the backend server.  But the other
options are e.g.:

 - The input really didn't show up in a timely fashion
 - Some module or core piece of Apache misbehaved and misread the input
 - Some module or core piece of Apache got the state wrong
 - Some module or core piece of Apache was off doing something other
than waiting for I/O in that extended time.

mod_reqtimeout might help narrow it down, as would periodic backtraces
from gdb/pstack.