Re: Piping logs to a java process : creates multiple processes

I had implemented handling of EOF in the code and it was working fine so far, until one day I see the java process which is supposed to start every hour is not doing so. It continues to run. There is no  setting change. Does that mean somehow logrotate is not sending EOF ?

Does httpd has some error as it hangs on to program or copytruncate is not sending EOF any more ?

Any idea ?

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Milind Vaidya <kavadsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When httpd is started it spawns 2 processes and adds one every one hour,
> keeping all alive

Your java program needs to exit when stdin returns EOF.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx