Re: Piping logs to a java process : creates multiple processes

I am revisiting this. As per the change suggested I modified the program so that it returns EOF and it was working fine. Until one day, the program which is supposed to get restarted by apache every hour (that's when log file rotates), stopped getting restarted. It is not stuck. It is still processing the things. But it is just that it has been running for many days with same pid. I wonder if that will cause some problem. I am actually storing all the events read by this program somewhere else. Then I need to compare these with the logrotate which is hourly rotating the error_log file. Here I find few events missing.

Any pointers for debugging this ?

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Milind Vaidya <kavadsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When httpd is started it spawns 2 processes and adds one every one hour,
> keeping all alive

Your java program needs to exit when stdin returns EOF.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx