Re: Documentation for /etc/sysconfig/httpd file

Hi Dirk,

Zitat von Dirk Devos <dirk.devos@xxxxxxx>:
I am confused. Based on the documentation on apache's website we need to use "apachectl" but in that module it says to use "apachectl". So what is the right place.

hm, looks identical to me ;) And on a random machine I picked to look things up, it's "apache2ctl" :D

I realize that the variables are different and that was done on purpose. I wanted to compare the two ways of assigning a value.

and what happens if you dynamically assign a value to the variable that's currently working statically and vice versa?

To me it looks like you have to find out if either

a - it's a problem assigning the value (including finding the right place to do so), which is more of a "shell programming" question, or

b - it's a problem of accessing the content of a shell variable from where you're trying to do so (which might be an httpd question)

Regards,
Jens