Re: building httpd 2.4 on windows x64

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Andy Wang <awang@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/27/2015 01:43 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

Can you provide your entire cmake invocation for apr and apr-util?

What's the exact cmake version you're using?

I'm using cmake 2.8.10.2.  I already had it on the system and since it was later than the required version I stuck with it.  I'm more than happy to try the latest 3.x one if you think it'll help.

So this is the part where I admit I'm completely new at cmake and really pretty much doing any native development on windows. So I used the gui to do the initial generation, and then afterwards used the command line to make minor -D tweaks.

My knowledge about this is very fuzzy, but I "understand" that decisions get saved in the cache dir, and they aren't always updated by subsequent invocations.  I start over with a fresh build directory when changing any settings, although that may be overkill.

Is there a specific file that has details that would answer how I invoked cmake or should I start over using cmake from the cli?  If that helps, I'd be more than happy to do so.

I'd start over, use only the CLI, and always invoke cmake from a script (e.g., .cmd file) that has the options you're using so you always know how you last ran it.

Here's how I build apr-util:

cd fresh build dir
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\install-path -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DAPU_HAVE_CRYPTO=ON (other uninteresting options) c:\path-to-apr-util-sources

When this runs, OpenSSL and APR and other support libraries have already been installed to c:\install-path

Thanks,
Andy