Re: building httpd 2.4 on windows x64

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Andy Wang <awang@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/27/2015 12:09 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
I need to update apr-util's README.cmake file with this blurb from
httpd.  Does this fix your issue?

OpenSSL
-------

If you have a binary install of OpenSSL in a well-known directory (e.g.,
%HOME%\OpenSSL-Win64) and you wish to build httpd against a different
install of OpenSSL, the cmake build may unexpectedly select OpenSSL
libraries in the well-known directory even if the expected include files
are used.  Check the cmake output from your httpd build to confirm that
the expected OpenSSL libraries and include files are used.

The cmake FindOpenSSL module searches for OpenSSL libraries in a "VC"
subdirectory of the OpenSSL install with filenames that indicate the build
type (e.g., "<PREFIX>/lib/VC/ssleay32MD.lib"); defining CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
or OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR or even OPENSSL_LIBRARIES does not circumvent finding
these libraries.

To work around this issue, rename the well-known OpenSSL directory while
building httpd.  Let us know if you find a better solution.

Yes and no.  I saw that in the httpd blurb and tried to wrap my head around it.

I don't have a well-known openssl install so cmake isn't even finding an openssl install.  So the first paragraph of that blurb (I think?) doesn't apply to me.

I tried setting OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR, but I think I misunderstood the second paragraph.  I misinterpreted the VC bit.  I'll try putting the lib files in my openssl_root_dir/lib/VC and see if I can make that work.

I doubt that would be useful, although it is where the odd FindOPENSSL implementation will look.

Did you set OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR on the cmake command-line, as -DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=c:\Users\Foo\install\openssl_1.0.1 or similar?

Thanks,
Andy