Re: mod_proxy_balancer, balancer_manager questions

On 9/13/2012 4:10 PM, Colin Murtaugh wrote:
> I figured that might be the case; in this situation, the timeout is
> due to the backend being slow.  In particular, when I start up this
> tomcat server, it starts accepting connections quite quickly, but it
> may be 30-40 seconds before the app is fully loaded. It'd be great if
> the proxy could recognize that it's not really ready yet and put the
> node into the error state.

Does it give a unique failure code? This is actually the use case that
drove me to add the failonstatus option for ProxySet. For example, some
containers return a 503 when the app is not yet initialized but the
container is up. Granted, you will still have one failed connection per
every X retry seconds, but in high-volume sites a few failures is much
more appetizing than hundreds.

--
Daniel Ruggeri