Re: vhosts conf file efficiency

It was thus said that the Great Tom Evans once stated:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Sean Conner <spc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  And really, how often is Apache restarted?  On a graceful restart, it can
> > still serve requests.
> >

> It's clear you have a strong opinion on this. I prefer my mission
> critical systems not take longer than necessary to start up, whilst
> you don't seem to mind. Each to their own.

  What I dislike are statements like "it's faster to put all vhosts in your
main configuration file" without anything to back it up.  Noel Butler at
least provided some numbers (1 second for 400 files) so people have *some*
benchmark to go by.

  So I can live with 5 seconds for 2,000 files if it makes administration
easier on the rare occasions that Apache needs to be fully restarted (not
just a graceful restart).  You prefer to save those five seconds, but don't
mind editing a file with 2,000 vhosts.

  -spc