Re: vhosts conf file efficiency

On 2/12/12, Steve Swift <Swifty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't think it would make a significant difference if you had a single
> file with 2000 vhosts, or 2000 files with one vhost each.

I think you're right, I added half a dozen test domains and checked
lsof, no apparent extra file handles.  Just if I have to rebuild a
machine I was hoping it would be easier, one of the scripts that
deletes  ex-customers had a glitch and deleted hundreds of domains
(thank heavens for hourly backups of config files), I assume it was a
connection issue to server that caused it because the script has
worked hundreds of times in removing those one year wonder domains
that don't get renewed, and did not occur again when I tried to test
it since, and if it can happen once, no mater the reason, it can
happen again, so I was looking at alternatives, ones that do not
impact negatively.