Re: vhosts conf file efficiency

I don't think it would make a significant difference if you had a single file with 2000 vhosts, or 2000 files with one vhost each.

Having them all in one file would make life easier if you needed to make a global change.

One caveat: Don't ever rely on a a wildcard INCLUDE for the order of your vhosts. This probably only matters for the first vhost, which is the default for any request which doesn't match any vhost.