Re: vhosts conf file efficiency

On Sun, 2012-02-12 at 13:14 +0000, Steve Swift wrote:

One caveat: Don't ever rely on a a wildcard INCLUDE for the order of your vhosts. This probably only matters for the first vhost, which is the default for any request which doesn't match any vhost.

It absolutely matters, for the very reason you gave.

O.P:
I can't comment either way on your initial request, I've always added all hosts into one vhosts.conf file, and to be honest I don't feel like splitting them all up into single files to test resource usage :) Though I'm sure someone else in the know can answer this,  it is the weekend still in half the world, so you might need to wait another day or three.

That said, as Steve mentioned, if you do decide to use one file for each host, place your primary (first/default) vhost in httpd.conf, then after that entry, place your include statement to load the individual files.