Re: mod_authz_ldap - Authenticating users in Apache

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Kalimuthu Samayan
<ksamayan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> but I am failing to have additional features listed below to authentication
> like,
>
> -Search and Bind a user in LDAP by passing Group ID who can authorise any
> specific user belongs to the group

Look here for group-based authorization via LDAP.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html#reqgroup

> -Redirecting the request if any user directly access url in application (if
> we can stop in this level)

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish here, or what
the concern is about accessing your application in the way you
described (after all, we are talking about a web application), but you
might have a look at mod_rewrite.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

> -Have a proper html login page to accept user name and password rather
> having simple windows dialog box.

This is an application programming concern, not an Apache one--if you
want to auth users via a web page, you'll need to create a web page to
provide that functionality.

> I thought to have the latest version to over come these problems, so I am
> trying to install apache 2.2.21 (stable version). May be I am not trying to
> install properly as failing to configure ldap module using configure script.
>
> Please give me the right steps or order I should be following to install
> Apache 2.2.21 successfully with ldap modules.

I'm not at all familiar with building Apache, I use what my distro
provides. Perhaps someone else can chime in on this one...

~ Tom