Re: (probably stupid) support&data integrity questions

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 10:19:19PM +0300, Killer{R} wrote:
>2) Data integrity   - do somebody had any data cossuption due to AoE
>seems doesn't have anything to detect from-wire errors? I mean at
>first corrupted packets themselves (I know that in hardware ethernet

For the record, I've run 800+ TB worth of storage using AoE, and never
lost data due to an AoE problem[1].  The hardware was commodity gear
up to the storage boxes:  those were SR- series hardware from Coraid.
While quite old now, they have served very well over the years.

[1] Stupid user mistakes? yes.  Filesystem corruption from power failure?
yes.  Neither of those are the fault of AoE.

--
Jesse Becker (Contractor)