Re: Dell AIO speaker pop noise

On 2019/4/16 下午4:59, Kailang wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:22 PM
To: Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kailang <kailang@xxxxxxxxxxx>; hwang4 <hui.wang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
(alsa-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) <alsa-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Dell AIO speaker pop noise

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 10:01:31 +0200,
Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
Dne 16. 04. 19 v 9:30 Kailang napsal(a):
Hi Takashi,

Issue 1: The noise keeps occurring via speaker when Headset is plugged in.
Issue 2: The humming noise is occuring when switching to sound of
settings.
	 The noise will be stopped when switching to other options of settings.
Issue 3: The popping noise occurred for one second when plugged in and
removed the headset.
This patch will solve this three issues.
Hi,

   could you explain, why the power-save function causes this
behaviour? Can we do something else than turning off the power-save
codec settings to avoid such noises? I have this question because it's really
easy to disable something, but I feel that the culprit of the noises might be just
the wrong codec settings. I guess that you have probably full documentation
for the codec and probably for the hardware, so it might be nice to find the
real culprit.

Note that power_save_node=0 doesn't mean that the whole power saving is
disabled.  It disables the fine-grained power saving, i.e. powering down the
unused widget nodes.

If so, I wonder whether this might be about the default pin-shutup behavior.  I
improved the click noise problem on my Dell desktop by disabling the pin
shutup.  See commit c0ca5eced222.
Kailang, Hui, did you try to add the chain to ALC269_FIXUP_NO_SHUTUP?

This noise was not happen on poweroff.
AIO use external AMP. So, it will be need to have a reference voltage via codec.
So, Pin-ctls was not be 0. I apply option spec->gen.suppress_auto_mute = 1 to avoid that.
Internal SPK PIN also don't enter to D3. But I find it just only happen on ALC274 family codecs.
ALC274 pin enter to D3. Pin-ctls also be 0. So, power_save_node=0 will let PIN to D0.

power_save = 0 it also could solve issue.

Yes, avoid setting pinctl is only part fix, the ODM said the main problem is the EAPD pin is high->low->high->low periodically, it has sth to do with the widget node power state.

thanks,

Takashi

------Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.