Re: alsactl restore: unknown hardware: ymf724f

Raymond Yau wrote:
2010/3/29 Angel Tsankov <fn42551@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Raymond Yau wrote:
2010/3/26 Angel Tsankov <fn42551@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello again!

I've recently had some time to investigate this problem further on and
here's what I've discovered:

Raymond Yau wrote:
2010/2/26 Pacho Ramos <pacho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

El vie, 26-02-2010 a las 13:57 +0200, Angel Tsankov escribió:
Raymond Yau wrote:
2010/2/25 Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Angel Tsankov wrote:

Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Angel Tsankov wrote:

Hello,

I run 'alsactl restore' on a machine with 2 sound cards -- a
built-in
Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller
(rev
02) and a non-built-in Yamaha Corporation YMF-724F [DS-1 Audio
Controller] (rev 03) -- and get the following message:

Unknown hardware: "YMF724F" "SigmaTel STAC9700,83,84"
"AC97a:83847600"
"0x1073" "0x000d"
Hardware is initialized using a guess method

As a consequence the volume levels of the Yamaha card do not get
restored to the levels stored in /etc/asound.state.  The volume
levels
of the built-in card however are properly restored.  The
asound.state
file has been created by executing 'alsactl store'.

your problem is "alsactl restore" become "alsactl init" when the number
of
controls is more than those in state file.
I'm not quite sure that the case is this since 'alsactl restore' does
restore the values of the Yamaha sound card (and those of the other
card, too) and 'alsactl restore 1' seems to just initialize the Yamaha
card.  This is with alsa-utils version 1.0.22.

"Hardware is initialized using a guess method "  is the message used by
alsactl init

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-utils.git;a=commitdiff;h=9a748178d1c9e783242f0cc794ab3efb27092f34;hp=0c02a4e3d23c7b5d03215f1bfaba9f70ed11e9b7

I don't get what you mean. Could you explain a little bit more?

post the output of alsa-info.sh after  "alsactl init"

and immeditate after the system boot

I'm sending the requested output as an attachment.

Angel Tsankov