Re: synaptics hi-res audio usb device duplex, usb bandwidth issues

В Вт, 27/02/2024 в 21:27 +0300, Alexander Tsoy пишет:
> В Пн, 26/02/2024 в 13:05 +0000, Ian Malone пишет:
> >
> ---------->%-----------
> > In this case the dmesg output is clear after device connection.
> > This
> > seems like some kind of bandwidth calculation problem in
> > snd_usb_audio. I've tried building a kernel and modifying various
> > of
> > the defines in sound/usb/card.h (currently MAX_PACKS 4 and
> > MAX_PACKS_HS (MAX_PACKS * 4), compared to 6 and *8) but not hit on
> > winning formula yet. Is there any information I could collect to
> > try
> > to fix this?
> >

> I always had bandwidth allocation problems with full-speed
> isochronous
> devices connected directly to xhci host controllers (and no other
> devices connected!). The same devices works with ehci host
> controllers
> without issues. So I think the problem is somewhere in the xhci code.
>
> Also if device is connected to the hub which is connected to xhci
> controller, everything also works. This is why rear ports works for
> you
> - they are connected to the internal hub.

And this is because transaction translation is performed on the hub, so
the controller is only dealing with high-speed transfers.

BTW, I just tested all mentioned connection scenarios with Audiotrak
Prodigy CUBE. And indeed I get "Not enough bandwidth" errors in duplex
mode only if it is connected directly to xhci controller.