Re: synaptics hi-res audio usb device duplex, usb bandwidth issues

В Пн, 26/02/2024 в 13:05 +0000, Ian Malone пишет:
> Hi,
>
> In short I have a USB to 3.5mm adapter which seems not to work in
> duplex mode on USB2.0 systems, possibly due to a bandwidth
> calculation
> bug.
>
> This is an evolution of an issue I previously posted on the users
> list
> with no luck. I have an Anker USB-C to 3.5mm audio dongle (lsusb:
> Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc. Hi-Res Audio) which I've used for
> some time on my phone (Android with USB-3.2). On trying to use it
> with
> an older T420 laptop recently with only USB-2.0 ports I discovered it
> will not work in duplex mode. Input-only and output-only profiles
> work
> (tested recording and playback with audacity), but with duplex no
> sound is recorded (Fedora 39, pipewire). This is easily reproduced by
> looking at the pavucontrol volume monitor for Output Devices, if I
> switch the device to Analog or Digital Input in configuration then
> the
> Input Devices level monitor for it shows activity if I speak into or
> tap the microphone. With duplex selected there is no activity, the
> level monitor bar may or may not display. I can switch between the
> two
> behaviours by changing the profile. Various applications such as
> Audacity and Zoom appear to hang when accessing this microphone with
> the duplex profile set. I've used pipewire configuration to force the
> format to 16LE only (playback and recording), but this has not
> helped.
>
> In dmesg this error appears when this happens (microphone opened, for
> example by pavucontrol):
> [  294.825544] usb 1-1.1: cannot submit urb 0, error -28: not enough
> bandwidth
> (T420, Fedora 39, kernel 6.7.5)

Sorry, I somehow misread the first part of an email and was under
impression that the problem is only with xhci host controller. Here I
can only add that I have a system with the same "6 Series/C200 Series"
chipset where I cannot reproduce this issue. But my full-speed card has
a lower wMaxPacketSize.