Re: synaptics hi-res audio usb device duplex, usb bandwidth issues

В Пн, 26/02/2024 в 13:05 +0000, Ian Malone пишет:

---------->%-----------
> In this case the dmesg output is clear after device connection. This
> seems like some kind of bandwidth calculation problem in
> snd_usb_audio. I've tried building a kernel and modifying various of
> the defines in sound/usb/card.h (currently MAX_PACKS 4 and
> MAX_PACKS_HS (MAX_PACKS * 4), compared to 6 and *8) but not hit on a
> winning formula yet. Is there any information I could collect to try
> to fix this?

I always had bandwidth allocation problems with full-speed isochronous
devices connected directly to xhci host controllers (and no other
devices connected!). The same devices works with ehci host controllers
without issues. So I think the problem is somewhere in the xhci code.

Also if device is connected to the hub which is connected to xhci
controller, everything also works. This is why rear ports works for you
- they are connected to the internal hub.