Re: Migrating this list to a different platform (take 2)

On 19. 10. 23 18:25, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 03:34:18PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
There's a third option -- instead of migrating the alsa-devel list, we can
migrate all activity to linux-sound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It's an existing list
that currently sees about 5 messages a year (and most of them are cc'd to
alsa-devel anyway).

That would definitely work well from my point of view.

Okay, since it doesn't really affect anything, I've reconfigured the patchwork
side of things to accept patches sent both to alsa-devel and linux-sound. If
you do want to go down the route of shifting everything towards linux-sound,
the next step (once everyone is in agreement), is to make the changes to
MAINTAINERS. You don't have to do all subsystems at once, you can start with
the SOUND subsystem to trial things out and then shift others if everything is
working correctly.

If it's an overall agreement, we can move the driver related threads and the patch handling to linux-sound mailing list and keep alsa-devel list for the user space packages and the project related discussions. I'll send an initial patch for MAINTAINERS ASAP.

						Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>