Re: How to debug?

Hi Takashi,

Thank you again very much for your help. The last hint was crucial.

So all I actually had to do to solve my problem was to add the following two
lines to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base:
--------------
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
options snd-usb-audio index=-2,-2

It just took me two months to find out... I still think that it is the job of
the desktop environment to search the configured soundcard at startup instead
of letting poor users change system configuration files as root to hardcode
the soundcard order. Maybe one day Linux can do this as user-friendly as the
competition already does for several years now.

Greetings and thank you again

Ronny