Relationship between bluttooth audio, usb audio and alsa drivers

Hello:

I am having an interesting situation where I have upgraded the audio drivers, library, and utils from 1.0.10 to the current dev release of 1.0.14rc2 and ended up breaking the bluetooth audio and usb audio drivers.

The device that I have is an Intel HDA device with the STAC 9202 Codec. When I attempted to run alsaconf, it would cause a kernel oops within the blutooth audio driver. When I took that audio driver out (deleted it and then re-ran depmod), then I found a kernel oops in the usb audio driver (which accesses the microphone in a USB camera). When I deleted that driver, I was able to run the alsaconf command.

How are the bluetooth and usb audio drivers integrated with alsa? If I do a find within alsa, I do not find any source files for the bluetooth driver. How does that driver know the data structures of the alsa that is installed? What do I have to re-compile upon installing a new alsa besides the alsa-driver, alsa-library, and alsa-utils components of the newest alsa from the alsa download site?

Thank you

Truly,

Mark Allyn