How to debug?

Hi all,

I am desperately trying to use a webcam and a headset with my Linux-Desktop
(KDE). You can read the whole thread here:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-linux&m=116749763322140&w=2
At the end someone from the KDE camp suggested that I come over here...

So I asked for help at the alsa-user mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg18711.html
At the end nobody could tell me how to get more debugging info.

So please, how do I get more debugging info when reloading alsa? Or even
better, does anybody know why my on-board soundcard disappears when I use the
index options?

Greetings & Thank you

Ronny Standtke