Re: How to debug?

At Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:51:28 +0100,
Ronny Standtke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am desperately trying to use a webcam and a headset with my Linux-Desktop
> (KDE). You can read the whole thread here:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-linux&m=116749763322140&w=2
> At the end someone from the KDE camp suggested that I come over here...

Would have been better to put the questions here instead of URL to
save the time of readers :)  Anyway...

> So I asked for help at the alsa-user mailing list:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-user%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg18711.html
> At the end nobody could tell me how to get more debugging info.
>
> So please, how do I get more debugging info when reloading alsa? Or even
> better, does anybody know why my on-board soundcard disappears when I use the
> index options?

It's because your system loads the modules in a parallel manner.
How did you set index options?  Setting index=0 to snd-intel8x0, and
index=-2 to snd-usb-audio would work.  -2 means the next free slot
except from the first slot (bit 0).

If this doesn't work, too, check whether the index options are really
passed correctly.  You can see the values in
/sys/modules/snd*/parameters/index files.

Takashi