Re: ice1712 IPGA and ADC controls

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 09:09:05AM +0000, Alan Horstmann wrote:

> Also, lets not confuse the controls the alsa driver provides with how a GUI
> mixer such as envy24control presents those to a user.  It seems (Takashi
> please confirm) that this change is removing the separate controls from the
> AK4524 driver code, meaning that no alsa-driver using AK4524 can provide them
> separately.  With a single control the driver has no way to dictate labelling
> of '0dB' level (or any other useful notes) when used in a mixer.

I missed the start of this thread, but if the idea is to combine analog and
digital gain controls into one, that would be _a very bad idea_ and make a
card useless for any pro or semi-pro use.

If users don't understand the difference, they should be informed. If they
still don't want to understand it, they should be encouraged to switch to
some other form of entertainment.

--
FA

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.