Re: emu10k1 mute problems.

Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there's a bugzilla or some place to drop a bugreport
> for my SBLive! (emu10k1)?

Please report this but to the ALSA bug tracker.
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/
See the link from
http://alsa-project.org/

I think the problem you describe is that the emu10k1 has a single mute
control for both channels, so you do not have the left/right mute.
You need to do a test first to find out if the is separate left/right
mute or if they are separate. If there is only one, the
"SND_MIXER_SCHN_FRONT_LEFT" controls both channels.
Maybe it would be sensible to change the alsa-lib api so either
SND_MIXER_SCHN_FRONT_LEFT or SND_MIXER_SCHN_FRONT_RIGHT will control
both left/right is the mute control is shared.