emu10k1 mute problems.

Hi,

I am wondering if there's a bugzilla or some place to drop a bugreport
for my SBLive! (emu10k1)?

I have in my system 2 soundcards installed, an SBLive! emu10k1 (
00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 0a)
        Subsystem: Creative Labs SBLive! Player 5.1
        I/O ports at ef20 [size=32]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
)
and an Onboard VIA audio thinger (
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 810d
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 20
        I/O ports at 1000 [size=256]
        Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2

)

on a gentoo 2.6.19-r1 kernel

Now they both are working but there's one thing that seems to be going
wrong. Since it only happens on the SBLive (the via onboard works as it
should) it must be a bug in the emu10k1 driver.

I use the following code to mute the left resp. right channels.

    snd_mixer_selem_set_playback_switch(elem, SND_MIXER_SCHN_FRONT_LEFT, 0);
    snd_mixer_selem_set_playback_switch(elem,
SND_MIXER_SCHN_FRONT_RIGHT, 0);

However, when muting the left channel, both channels get muted. When
muting the the right channel, none get muted. It's not just my app that
shows this behavious, gkrellm-volume plugin for instance does the same
thing (wrong).

Since there aren't really much mixers that do balance properly, there
isn't much other volume controls I can test this with. I do however
notice in alsamixer, that below the bar, it says [MM] or [OO] on the
SBLive!, but with the Via, I get all possibilities done, including [MO]
or [OM].

Thanks,

Oliver