From: Ian Malone <ibmalone@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jun 16, 2006 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Alsa-user] Recording spdif/iec958 on ice1724 terratec 7.1	space
To: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ian Malone wrote:

Ping?  Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be
wrong here?

Space, but same chipset as the 5.1 Sky) records only silence.
Rebooting the same machine into windows recording works fine.
Recording source is a DAB radio, apparently at 32kHz (at least,
arecord tells me it was unable to select the requested rate
if I choose anything else).

Tried the commands:
$ arecord -D hwplug:0,1 -f cd test.wav
$ arecord -D hw:0,1 -f S32_LE -r 32000 test.wav
$ arecord -D plug:spdif -f cd test.wav

have tried -f dat instead of -f cd where applicable.

The equivalent hw:0,0 (analogue) successfully records from
line-in with a loopback cable.

I have checked alsamixer, and the IEC958 source has capture
enabled, as does line-in.  The alsa matrix claims tosio for
the 5.1, does that work?

--
imalone