JetBlue airline adds Google Maps to help you find yourself in the air

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/8146/9170/jetblue-add-google-maps-airplane.phtml

JetBlue airline adds Google Maps to help you find
yourself in the air.  Family on ground can now track
you to[o].
by Stuart Miles

11 June 2007 - The boring maps that tell you are in
the world when flying around it have just got a lot
more advanced for some airplane passengers.

Amercian budget airliner JetBlue has announced that it
has teamed up with Google to allow passengers to watch
the search engine's Google Map software on their
seat-back screens while in flight.

"We're constantly looking for ways to enhance our
customers' in-flight experience," said Brett Muney,
Manager Product Development for JetBlue. "With the
addition of Google's advanced mapping technology, our
customers can enjoy a seat with a view -- tracking
their flight's altitude, speed and location on the way
to their destination."

Family and friends will also be able to pull up
JetBlue.com and track any flight via the same Google
Maps interface, including the flight's estimated
departure and arrival time.

Muney also suggested that this wasn't the only feature
the airline would be implementing from Google:

"We look forward to future product developments with
Google as we continue to innovate our in-flight
entertainment options and other products."

The airline flies to over 50 destinations in the US.