Re: anyone hear about this fare class Y-UP?

This is incorrect.

YUP fares are usually booked in either A or P class. If you do a search
on any of the major travel booking engines for a business class fare, it
will be the lowest fare available, which will usually be anywhere from
$700 to $1200 depending on destination.  CO are I think the only major
carrier that do not do YUP fares, they just have straight Z fares which
are a discounted business class.