Re: anyone hear about this fare class Y-UP?

On most (major) airlines it's simply the unadorned Y fare, but you
have to check with the airline to make sure it applies to your
specific flight. "Y-UP" is not in common use; what usually happens is
that you book in Y, and through the reservations desk or the web site
you get a seat assignment in F.  Then when you check in, you get a
real F boarding pass (which is often a different color or style, and
gets perks like a lounge, early boarding, etc.). Sometimes the
boarding pass is coded with a class like NF, FN, ZF, FZ, or F2.
Depends by airline.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx