From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael C. Berch
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 3:56 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: anyone hear about this fare class Y-UP?

One of the main reasons for its existence is for business travelers =20
whose corporate travel policies prevent them from traveling first =20
class at company expense. Their receipt for expense account purposes =20
will be designated as Y (coach), and many companies (fewer, though, =20
than in the past) accept or require the use of Y (as opposed to =20
discounted economy fares) because they are easily changeable and are =20
refundable if the trip is canceled or rescheduled. But the traveler =20
(*nod* *wink*) gets to sit in F.  Good marketing strategy.

--=20
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx