Re: jet Blue incident

The end of 25L is sand and the "beach" is quite a way away. Plus you
have a four-lane roadway to cross before you hit the beach.

The distressed a/c was offered Edward Dry Lake as well as LAX. I assume
the maintenance facility at LAX was what made that most preferable --
they certainly weren't going to continue to JFK. I was at the wrong
place on the airport to watch what happened with my own eyes. I could
see the news helicopters hovering for their shots south of the airport.

25L was back in operation within 2 hours.