Re: Delta Reservations - Boston

David / All:

That's exactly my fear when booking online: that
something will go wrong.  I did book my flight to LAX
and back last year from BOS and things were ok, but I
did call UA ater I finished, just to be sure it
clicked in their system and to ask a live person when
I'd expect my boarding pass in the mail.

Another party that appears to be out of the picture
are travel agents.  They have historically charged
fees, but if a PAX changes their travel plans, who
eats that charge?  I'm sure their business is moving
quickly toward the vacation travel markets (ATA
flights) and boat cruises.  Since everyone is booking
online, I can see even overseas jobs becoming a lost
art someday.  Tough business to be in this travel
business.

When I booked for DC (actually it was done for me and
I think through Delta's 800 reservation system) I
thought that the reservations folks in BOS were behind
the new system that had you pick up the phone, about
15 feet from the check-in desk, give them your data,
and then they tell you which counter to report to.

I felt like fool looking around me to find out where
they were?  I thought for sure the voice couldn't be
in ATL. How could they see me?  Where was the hidden
camera? (hehe)  This was at the new Terminal A in BOS.
 Kind of creepy!

Change is interesting.  One feels a bit foolish and
gun-shy on the first time out!  Welcome to the 21st
century, Mike!

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Mass

P.S.  The return portion of my DC trip was cancelled
due to WX out of Reagan National.  The 'live' DL agent
most acurately said 'Delta didn't cancel your flight,
sir.  The weather did.'

Very original, folks.

http://mail.yahoo.com